Gen Z is coming for us, y’all.
They said NO THANKS to skinny jeans, side parts, and jean jackets. It’s been a tough few years as millennials grapple with not knowing what cool is anymore. Thankfully, @beingjulia is here to rescue us from ourselves with a series titled “Updating Millennial Outfits”.
Julia takes outfits we all know and love and fixes them with a modern update.
“There’s a few things that just are not seen too much nowadays,” Julia said to BuzzFeed.
She explained that there were big differences between Gen Z and millennial fashion. Millennials love “[b]ig stripes and chevron patterns, long necklaces, the color teal, infinity scarves, tight fitting blazers, the LV Neverfull bag, colored skinny jeans, and army jackets, just to name a few.”
But Gen Z?
“I think style now is less busy, with more basics being featured along with ’90s or Y2K-inspired cuts and styles. I feel like a lot of millennials are hesitant to update, as they have seen similar styles on trend years before, but that’s fashion for you!”
Here are some suggestions from Julia:
1. Change out your long blouse, leggings, jean jacket combo:
2. Kimono and short shorts are a no. Try a blazer.
3. Work Outfits? No. Casual is king.
4. Ditch those lace tops and maxi skirts for midis.
5. Ditch your button down denim shirt for a nice white button down top.
6. Cold shoulder those cold shoulders for …shoulder pads. You read that right.
7. Balance in fashion. Pair loose with tight.
8. Also gone? Your white skinny jeans. PEACE, YOU PROBLEMATIC FAVE.
9. Ruffles are a no. Simple lines? Yes.
10. No more long cardigans. Trenches are in.
Keep up with style on Julia’s TikTok.