Popular TikToker Bunnie, username @xomgitsbunnie, posted a video showing implants that had been stored in Ziplock bags that have brown stains on them. Bunnie claims in the video that these stains are mold.
She said in the viral video that she had the implants removed in 2020 after unexplainable illnesses made her believe that the implants were causing her to get sick. The minute-long video currently has over 3.2 million views.
“I had implants in for 13 years,” Bunnie writes in the video’s text overlay. “I started suffering so many symptoms that not one doctor could pinpoint. So I explanted in Nov 2020 & it was the best decision I ever made! All symptoms went away, except anxiety sometimes. I’m also more comfortable w/ my naturals.”
She doesn’t say how they were stored, so it’s unclear if the implants have been tampered with or looked this way when they were removed from Bunnie’s body two years ago.
“Look at that. That goes inside of a human body,” she says. “Look at the mold. No wonder why women are having so many complications with these things. It’s disgusting.”
Bunnie says in the video that she suffered from an illness called “breast implant illness.” While this illness isn’t an official diagnosis, it has become a wide-reaching term used to describe the wide range of negative reactions bodies have to receiving breast implants.
Breastcancer.org provides a list of the various symptoms that breast implants can cause.
These symptoms include “joint and muscle pain, chronic fatigue, memory and concentration problems, breathing problems, sleep disturbance, rashes and skin problems, dry mouth and dry eyes, anxiety” and so on.
The website also goes on to say, “Some people develop symptoms immediately, while some develop them years later.” They say that symptoms should go away shortly after implants are removed.
The development of mold in breast implants is a known issue.
The National Center for Health Research’s website refers to this as “poisoning” and says that “Although saline-filled implants are presented and regarded as the ‘safe’ option compared to silicon – containing only salt and water – they are rarely hermetically ‘sealed’. Moreover, their filling valves aren’t perfectly secure. As a result, they allow the body fluids of the user to infiltrate, along with bacteria, yeast and molds.”
Bunnie’s comment section is filled with users who shared similar experiences with breast implants.
One person commented, “I have seen so many people getting explants over the past year bc they had been sick for years w/random things & it was all bc of implants.”
Another added, “One of my really good friends just had hers removed cause she was having so many symptoms from them she said she wish she never got them.”
All in all, Bunnie wrote in her video that people should be aware of their bodies and go to the doctor if they think their implants are getting them sick.
“Please make sure you talk to someone if you think [your] implants are causing breast implant illness. We don’t have to suffer in our quest for perfection babies.”