In life, we’re often encouraged to try new things but sometimes, it might be better to stick to what you know. And no one understands that better than Nick Marsh. In an attempt to help his fiancée around the house, Marsh decided to try his hand at housework for the first time.
He figured vacuuming would be a good place to start, but he was wrong. The 26-year-old ended up breaking his leg in two places.
Marsh was forced to spend four weeks in bed and six weeks in a cast after tripping over the cord of the vacuum and falling down a flight of stairs.
The injured man was reportedly found at the bottom of the stairs by his fiancée Bethan Watling, who didn’t initially believe he was in pain. Watling said she thought her beau was faking the injury to get out of finishing his chores.
“At first, I didn’t believe him; I thought he was pulling a fast one. Looking back, it’s quite hilarious,” she told The Sun.
The paramedics were contacted but failed to remove Marsh from the house in a wheelchair. Eventually, the fire brigade had to be called and they managed to get the injured man out of the front door strapped to a gurney.